Tiny Home Communities?

This section is for Idaho specific discussions.

Tiny Home Communities?

Postby HalfCrazedMSsquirrel » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:20 pm

My family is planning to migrate to Idaho - preferably North Idaho. Are there any tiny home communities there? Alternatively, any four-season RV parks?
HalfCrazedMSsquirrel

Re: Tiny Home Communities?

Postby andydonner » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:42 pm

I wish we could keep more of our people already Home to hang out around here since they could answer things like this, but as has been pointed out, we're "dead." At this point, this question is probably best put to Google.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby Partisan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:00 pm

HalfCrazedMSsquirrel wrote:My family is planning to migrate to Idaho - preferably North Idaho. Are there any tiny home communities there? Alternatively, any four-season RV parks?

Hi HalfCrazyMSsquirrel
You might consider checking out this Real Estate Site in Idaho.
http://www.revrealty.us/links-politics.htm

And alternative to an RV Park or a Tiny House Community might be to simply buy a small lot and build a small parking Space on it. I have seen people do that here in Texas.

They have a semi permanent home location then with a mail box and a place to work on their RV if need be. But when the week end comes or vacation time, they simply hitch up their house and go where ever they want.

Another alternative might be if you can afford it is to buy some cheap land in Idaho and form your own more or less informal community, by renting a small space on your lot. You would probably need about 20 acres to do it right, but 10 might work.

If everyone is a WN, then should the SHTF, you would have a ready made survival community.

This might be a great idea for people that need to work in the cities. One could commute between a rented space in the city and a small rural lot in a small town.
Partisan

Postby Partisan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:25 pm

A little more info.
Tiny house builder in Idaho Idahomes.

http://www.tinyhousecommunity.com/map/0 ... -44-16-pm/
Partisan

Return to Idaho