Job situation in NW

General chit chat.

Job situation in NW

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 am

Doesn’t seem to be to much discussion in the states and Canada areas of forum.I do see some although very little.How is employment in the NW in Trumps America?
Jay

Re: Job situation in NW

Postby JimEE » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 pm

I haven't been looking for a new job myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but the job situation seems to be fairly decent in the major metro areas right now. Of course, that probably depends on the job sector, whether you want to live in the city, or are willing to live further out and commute, or want to avoid the big cities.

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/wa ... attle/jobs
https://realestate.usnews.com/places/or ... tland/jobs
https://realestate.usnews.com/places/idaho/boise/jobs
JimEE

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:27 pm

I’m a truck driver but in the LTL industry.Not OTR.Home everyday.Im sure they have jobs for both.Is migration still strong or even moderate since HAC passed away?Thanks for you reply and information
Jay

Postby andydonner » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Jobs themselves are more than plentiful, though the competition is about what you would expect. This means that you have to hustle just as much as you would anywhere else and expect this going in to the experience. First and foremost, if you're going to apply to a particular job, make sure you have the skills to do that job well enough that you stand a chance at getting hired.

I've known a few truckers in my time here and LTL jobs are plentiful - especially in the larger areas with lots of freight coming through on a regular basis. There are plenty of other opportunities in the trucking industry all over the place, but do take Jim's comments to heart.

As always, migration promises continue to come in. The Party has learned that we don't count our chickens before they hatch in this regard. As stated, our main goal right now is getting people in the HQ area around Puget Sound since that's where we need the most help.
A. W. Donner
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Well the reality is that unless there is a radical change in my life I’m applying for driving jobs,ANY kind hopefully LTL home everyday.The BIG reason is just my wife and I migrating.She sees what’s going on but is a naysayer of a lot of things.Simply of the mindset of “ what can one person do?”I already convinced her to take a vacation out to the homeland.This is obviously my scouting trip this year.Will need to know the best places to check out in Washington,Oregon,& Idaho when the time comes.
Jay

Return to General Discussions