greetings. pleased to find NWN is still moving forward

Introduce yourself.
Forum rules
On top of the regular rules of conduct, this section is dedicated to people introducing themselves to others. Tell us a bit about yourself or ask a few questions of someone else who has posted here.

greetings. pleased to find NWN is still moving forward

Postby RoyalenGeistliche » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Its been awhile since I reached out to the WN community. Reaching out because I'm ready to contribute some legacy experience from this 2 decade odyssey.
Was a reader of Harold C's print newsletters back in mid-late 90s, and during the time he first introduced the NWN idea. Republished Harold's initial call for NWN in another newsletter with other useful community action suggestions (genocide lawsuit, UN Free zones, etc). It was pleasant surprise to rediscover Harold is still active and now finding Andy for 1st time carrying the torch as well.

Unfortunately, started with Stormfront which seems mostly useless these days. Efforts to raise the level of discussion there are usually mocked or distracted back to the regular noise. On SF I tried to post a link to NF Seven PoInts and found "northwestfront.net" was "XXXX'd" out. So, apparently, SF banned any linking to here, which actually drove me here to read more re why. After posting a 7 part series on Honor which only received a libel smear to the author in response, figured its time to give up on SF... so hoping there will be more worthy camaraderie here.

Read Harold's first novel, way back when, but no other NW Ind novels. Instead, been focusing on overcoming the "silent weapons for quiet wars" waged by the mercenary "legal-society in control". Spent last two decades focused on the singular problem of economics, after years of seeing intentional community (ic.org) efforts fail, because of the top 2 problems: "money" & "moral" issues.

Haven't seen any intro materials, but have downloaded the short-casts for listening offline. Did read thru some comments on those, and some intro material here. Which brings me back to finding NWF by searching for a useful source to link to the 14 words, and found a useful elaboration of them in the NW Front Seven Points worth sharing elsewhere. Hope to find more useful insights here as well.
RoyalenGeistliche

Location: standing upon a blue sphere vortexing around a solar system on an ouroboros tour in Milky Way

Re: greetings. pleased to find NWN is still moving forward

Postby andydonner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:28 am

Welcome!

Sadly, the NF was never very well received in the rest of WNism. Harold had a way of expecting moral and ideological integrity from others in the Movement and that was never a popular position to take. Consequently, the "big" outfits and sites tend to be very mediocre in their outlook, ideas, and conduct because anyone who isn't is laughed off (as you've experienced.)

I'll make sure you're in the next round of new contact mailings.

Thanks and take care.
A. W. Donner
andydonner
Site Admin

Re: greetings. pleased to find NWN is still moving forward

Postby RoyalenGeistliche » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Appreciate being put on the next rotation for the intro materials. I've heard most of the shortcasts now, and have several comments, but will try to find a more appropriate place to do that here. Didn't know Harold passed, but glad to see his efforts has a successor.

Attempted to move to the NW (Oregon) a couple of times. First time stayed a couple of weeks as a guest of friends in Corvallis. Its a nice college town and had an interesting experience after trying to interact with people at a brew-pub on a friday night downtown. Apparently we were overheard talking and our 'hecklers' waited till we left the restaurant. Guess they followed us, while one went and got their car, and when they picked up their friend they courageously rolled down their window and shouted something about: "You filthy breeders! blah, blah, yadda, yadda", then sped off. They were 2 guys and a gal, all white, who apparently thought we were such a menace they had to spit words at us while driving off before any discussion could happen. I thought of this story while listening to Harold's first shortcast about the need to interact with real people face-to-face out in every day public places.
Remembering that made me smile, and inspired thoughts of returning soon.
Who is afraid of whom, again?
RoyalenGeistliche

Location: standing upon a blue sphere vortexing around a solar system on an ouroboros tour in Milky Way

Return to New Member Introductions