NAR Constitution section 5 article 6

This section is for discussing the Northwest Front, its mission and projects.

NAR Constitution section 5 article 6

Postby sicsemper » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Howdy,

I'd like to ask for explanation of this portion of the proposed constitution. It reads:
Article VI. No citizen or resident of the Northwest American Republic may accept any monetary emolument, fee, gift, or anything of value for performing the function of a priest or minister of religion.

What does this entail? Would the state involve itself if my church was paying my pastor?
Believing the Bible to be God's word, I have a mandate to support my pastor for his job (1 Timothy 5:17-18, Galatians 6:6, 1 Corinthians 9:14) and so it would be sin to not do so. I am not meaning to invite inter-religious debate, or argue what the correct understanding of these passages is, but only to point out that this is the dominant and historically orthodox view in Christianity.
In application, this article seems to be in conflict with article 3 of the Bill of Rights securing freedom of religion.

One of the last few re-broadcasts of RFN featured Harold giving an interview on the Deanna Spingola show, and he touched on this topic for just a moment. Hearing from him, the intent seems to be in keeping power from subversive entities (more clearly in the case of lawyers, article 7). Is there a different way to accomplish this intent?

I am a baptist. I do not believe my clergy have special power in offering sacraments that are related to my salvation. My pastor's primary job is teaching what the Bible says. What is the ethical difference between this and the job of a schoolteacher, or the job of a podcaster?

I appreciate your work and the longsuffering you show, especially with the more tedious questions and complaints. My condolences for the loss last year.
sicsemper

Re: NAR Constitution section 5 article 6

Postby AJs » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:04 pm

I'll probably just re-run the show where I dealt with this issue from a more-or-less Christian point of view. If that doesn't help out, I'm not sure what will.

A. W. Donner

AJ...
AJs

Postby sicsemper » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:52 pm

AJs wrote:I'll probably just re-run the show where I dealt with this issue from a more-or-less Christian point of view. If that doesn't help out, I'm not sure what will.

Thanks, I'd be happy to hear it. If you'd rather tell me which archived episode speaks on the topic I can just listen to it myself.
sicsemper

Postby AJs » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:44 am

http://northwestfront.org/2015/05/radio ... 14th-2015/

7:43 to 8:15 covers clergy

As for the professional clergy ban. Being a man of the cloth is supposed to be something you do out of a sense of duty to God or the Gods or to God and the folk, whatever once you start bringing money into the equation corruption sets in. If you work for a living there is simply less time to get involved in things the clergy have no business being involved in; and you attain a much greater sense of connection with your folk. Since you are truly one of them. Not someone who exists out side of or above normal society.

While not trying to get into a debate, but to simply show a different view point. I personally prefer the Douay–Rheims Bible, The New Testament portion was published in Reims, France, in 1582, rather than the New International Version (NIV) first published in 1978. Or The King James Version (KJV) published in 1611.

For instance:
1 Corinthians 9:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

1 Corinthians 9:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

1 Corinthians 9:14 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

14 So also the Lord ordained that they who preach the gospel, should live by the gospel.

1 Timothy 5:17-18 New International Version (NIV)

17 The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

18 For Scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,”[a] and “The worker deserves his wages.”[b]

1 Timothy 5:17-18 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

17 Let the priests that rule well, be esteemed worthy of double honour: especially they who labour in the word and doctrine:

18 For the scripture saith: Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn: and, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

1 Timothy 5:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

18 For the scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Further I would direct you to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAuU7GTj9ik it is very informative. Speaks about, the Kike influenced Scofield Bible; which is the dominant and historically orthodox view in Christian-Zionism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el79zWid1ZI Truth about Zionism - Scofield Reference Bible also very good but longer.

Hope this helps?

AJ...
AJs

Postby andydonner » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:42 pm

While AJ's link is a good one, the episode we replayed last week was the episode I referred to. Was it or was it not helpful?
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Return to About the Northwest Front