Best Location to Move/Work?

This section is for discussing the Northwest Front, its mission and projects.

Best Location to Move/Work?

Postby Skarsgaard » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:24 am

I have been planning and preparing to move to the Northwest for sometime now. I soon plan on making a trip West to scout for homes and work (Im a diesel mechanic 1.5 years of experience) and would like some pointers and tips to throw me in the right direction. I am wondering what the best locations would be for a hard working racially aware White man to move to.
Sweat Saves Blood
Skarsgaard

Re: Best Location to Move/Work?

Postby andydonner » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Excellent for you!

I wish we had a better way of helping guys like you out with information, but generally, the best place to go is where you're going to do the best. Yeah, that's awful of me to say in response to your question, but let me see if I can't make that a little more helpful. Firstly, there aren't all that many people who could answer your question around here. Secondly, I don't know anything about the field you're in. One of the most important things to remember is that you have Google. Go where people like you get hired and figure out what you'll likely be paid for the job and then make sure that's a decent wage for the costs of the area. Items relating to your work are something you're going to have to sniff out, but there are all sorts of websites that do cost-of-living comparisons from city to city all over the country. They're quite easy to locate on Google.

Further, my own personal experience leads me to believe they're pretty accurate and helpful.

The only advice I can give you is where not to go and that's right into the middle of a huge city. The suburbs are going to be more reasonable for cost of living, but that's also something you're capable of determining. If nothing else, make sure to research the unemployment rate (and related stats) for your field in a given area.

I'm genuinely sorry I can't point you in a better direction. If I had my way (and hey, I can dream, right?) a large part of what I do would be traveling all over the Homeland figuring out things about each major area and the smaller cities so that I could make some attempt at giving you and those like you a better answer. I'll leave you with this: If you've gotten this far on your own, you're more than able to figure out what you need to do.

Take care and good luck to you.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby HAC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:25 am

Short answer: if you have a skill you can self-employ--anything from computer repair to being a trained butcher to fixing anything that people use and which breaks--you can probably make it in a smaller town. If you are for whatever reasons dependent on a paycheck from an employer, it's the larger cities you need to concentrate on, because that's where the corporations are.
HAC
Site Admin

Postby MAC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:57 pm

As a diesel mechanic you should be able to find easy work anywhere along any of the major interstate routes at shops for tractor trailer. The Trucking Industry is one of the few which is still actively growing.
"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
MAC
Site Admin

Postby Skarsgaard » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:15 am

Ill hafta dig into Google some more and start mapping out a route for the scout. Ive always lived in smaller towns (largest town Ive ever been is about 1400 people) so that is what I am aiming for but I will do what i hafta do. Is it possible to meet with some Northwestern people along the way?
Sweat Saves Blood
Skarsgaard

Postby andydonner » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 am

Meeting people would largely depend on where you go on the trip. Part of the issue is that if you scout during the week, nearly every single one of us is going to be at work. Another major factor in planning to meet people is that they give very little notice of when they're going to be around and there's no time to properly coordinate schedules. The answer to this question will be a little more tangible once a specific trip has been planned. And do note that if you're scouting, the purpose is to aid your Homecoming. It's always nice when new folks see us in the Puget area, but it's not at all required and obviously, we're more interested in seeing new Migrants succeed regardless of where they end up.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby AryanResistance » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:19 pm

My part of the homeland is pretty big on technology, if you're into to that type of stuff.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
AryanResistance

Postby Drift » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Make sure you have banked some money to live on till you find employment. I was fortunate when I made my move to the Sea-Tac Wa. area to have friends to stay with while I looked for work. Even though I have a skilled trade it got harry for a bit and I got close to the bottom of my cash before the jobs started calling. I threw out my resume hard and heavy and it still took about 3 wks before the word got out that there was a new skilled tradesman available. I HIGHLY recommend the exploratory trip that HAC talks about so that you can get a feel for the type of area that suits you, ie. Rainy west of Mt.Ranier dryer to east. Regardless of where you decide I have to say this move was the best choise i've made in a long time. If your looking for renewel in your spirit and outlook the spirit of the west still feels untamed and fresh out here. Best of Luck. Godspeed!!
Drift

Return to About the Northwest Front