Scouting trip.....kinda

This section is for discussing the Northwest Front, its mission and projects.

Scouting trip.....kinda

Postby bnc4ever » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 am

I have sold my wife on taking a trip to the Northwest this summer; she knows my feelings on the Northwest Migration but wants to stay in Northern Nevada until our youngest is out of high school. We will be driving through Idaho, then Washington then down through Oregon for a little over a week. My wife is racially aware and really can't stand muds, wet backs especially and our neighborhood has been getting more and more brown by the month. It is my hope I can convince her it will be in our children's best interest to get them out of here. Any tips from fellow comrades on getting the wife on board to get the hell out of here??
bnc4ever

Re: Scouting trip.....kinda

Postby andydonner » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm no expert on dealing with women, but I can offer the perspective of someone who moved a lot as a child. It's not the nightmare everyone makes it out to be and anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong. My family made more moves than anyone else's excepting military families. Also, give my segment on this week's RFN another listen since I cover just this exact thing. If your wife is racial, she might be persuaded by my argument. Or then again, it might upset her. We have a way of upsetting the audience with the perfectly obvious sometimes, so whether or not you suggest my commentary to her is best left to your judgement. There's also the "how long do you really want to wait?" conversation. If you're comfortable saying so, how many years would it take for your last child to wrap up school? If it's more than one or two and your wife doesn't like where your family is at right now, what is she afraid will happen if she agrees to move the family in the immediate future?

You might actually try to understand what it is she thinks will happen to the children if they're moved. I know for a fact nothing bad happens because it was done to me a few times. I was never happy about it, but as an adult with the perspective I have now, I just don't think of those moves as a "my life was ruined" sort of deal. Quite the opposite, in fact. If your wife is willing to really think through her concerns, there's a very good chance you could find a workable solution. She might even decide she's being overly cautious. There's nothing wrong with considering the perspective of your children, but parents aren't obligated to make decisions their children agree with and/or approve of. Their thoughts and opinions are almost always childish by simple definition.

Alright, that might be a bit gruff of me, but it's true.

EDIT: And good luck.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby bnc4ever » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Thank you for the recommendations Andy; I will definitely be using them. I do enjoy your segments on RFN, as we think and analyze things in a similar way. As for my wife who I love very much, I am trying to make her see just how dire the situation has become; but like so many white Americans, she is locked in the routine of work and home and does not see much beyond those things. She has a habit of sticking her head in the sand and pretending everything will work itself out. I just hope it doesn't take a tragic event to open her eyes.
bnc4ever

Postby ramay1970 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:16 pm

bnc4ever wrote:Thank you for the recommendations Andy; I will definitely be using them. I do enjoy your segments on RFN, as we think and analyze things in a similar way. As for my wife who I love very much, I am trying to make her see just how dire the situation has become; but like so many white Americans, she is locked in the routine of work and home and does not see much beyond those things. She has a habit of sticking her head in the sand and pretending everything will work itself out. I just hope it doesn't take a tragic event to open her eyes.

Hello, Were you able to make the scouting trip? How'd it turn out for you and is your wife more on board with uprooting?

Richard
ramay1970

Postby Partisan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 pm

All I will say is it is highly likely that Hillary will be elected, and with her will come some of the worst economic times in American History. It takes a hell of a long time to establish a sufficient life in any new place, and In the current case it might even have to involve using a different monetary system. Because the dollar is going down the tubes.

If you are going to move and get settled now might be a good time. I say do it while America still has something left of an economy left.
Partisan

Return to About the Northwest Front