Need Better Contact Procedures

This section is for discussing the Northwest Front, its mission and projects.

Need Better Contact Procedures

Postby HAC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Guys, we need to work out a better protocol for contacting people who come here.

Once again, I can’t do it all. I keep getting complaints from people who say they have moved here and they e-mailed me, and nobody ever got in touch, which is partly down to me since the e-mail probably fell through the cracks, but also because these people are rocking up not just here in Pugetopolis all over the Homeland and I can’t get down to Ashford, Oregon or out to Spokane to meet them. I explained in the last Organizational Letter why I am unable to drive all over the Homeland meeting people, as much as I would love to do just that.

The first step is that I must have a mailing address from new residents, so that I can communicate with you off-internet and send you materials you need to have.

The second step is that you need to be met and assessed either by myself or somebody I trust to evaluate you, so we can ascertain that you’re not crazy or completely dysfunctional in some way. (That is not a joke.) We need to get a look at you and a listen at what comes out of your mouth to see if you’re a possible wrong ‘un or (far more likely) simply a just plain flake who is likely to cause more problems than your input is worth.

I am sorry to be so blunt, but that’s the way things are and we’re running out of time so fast my head is spinning, and so I don’t have time to be diplomatic. This is a Movement that has failed for fifty years because of character issues, and we have to start dealing with it. A good sign that someone won’t work out is if they cannot or will not understand and accept the reason for the policy I have stated above, or if they get all offended and prickly over it.

I need those of you who have been met to volunteer to do one-on-ones for your areas and also to handle incoming migrants via e-mail. This will require the revival of our local unit system which will in turn require a mailing address such as a post office box. I refer you to the White Book for further details. We need to have a recognized rep for every area of the Homeland, which means that some of you need to STEP FORWARD.

Talk to me, guys.

HAC
Site Admin

Re: Need Better Contact Procedures

Postby HAC » Sat May 18, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm sorry to say things still haven't improved much, since I posted this almost two years ago. Largely my fault, granted, but we need to work out some kind of protocol for bringing in new people.
HAC
Site Admin

Postby andydonner » Sun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Well, we are starting to approach a formal requirement for at least two face-to-faces before a larger group introduction. The times we've gotten the best over-the-net responses are when people get personal "interaction" (or at least something they consider interaction) from one of us. Lately, it seems like new contacts in the Homeland are skittish to meet us, which always strikes me as odd since they're the ones coming to us, but oh well.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby HAC » Mon May 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I think what's going to have to happen is that some time this summer I and at least one other comrade are going to have to do a road trip. I am beginning a major health offensive this week to try and whip myself into some kind of shape so at least I won't pass out while hurtling down the interstate at 65 mph. Will talk to you guys about it later.
HAC
Site Admin

Postby Srewolf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:50 am

This is definitely an important topic for 2 reasons.
A consistent protocol for meeting new members and keeping everyone in the loop.
The process of weeding out the undesirables.
"This is a Movement that has failed for fifty years because of character issues, and we have to start dealing with it"
That is the very reason it took me so long to get involved, other than raising awareness on youtube and various websites. I always knew that I should do more, get more involved, but so many groups who claim white pride are either crazy, or full of haters, or worse.
The approach NF is using, is something I can get behind.
Srewolf

Postby andydonner » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Srewolf wrote:A consistent protocol for meeting new members and keeping everyone in the loop.
The process of weeding out the undesirables.

That's exactly the heart of the matter. So far, we're dealing with at least a couple face-to-faces which only take place after someone reads over their Intro packet. I've instituted a No Packet, No Meeting policy and that's served us well.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Return to About the Northwest Front