Contact Process, Emphasis on How Not to Blot your Copy Book

This section is for discussing the Northwest Front, its mission and projects.

Contact Process, Emphasis on How Not to Blot your Copy Book

Postby andydonner » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:41 am

Okay, since this hasn't gotten through to the community (and even to people in the Homeland already who haven't done a face-to-face), there are certain things we expect interested individuals to do. Since this is an expectation and not a suggestion, our opinion of you is derived from among other things, your ability to follow this process without gumming something up.

A corollary is that we form a negative opinion of you when you fail to meet the expectation and especially when you become cross with us for your inability to operate without causing confusion, drama, or general annoyance for the Party people you're talking to. (If it's not obvious already, this post has been prompted by a mildly aggressive inquiry from someone who didn't do so well for themselves. EDIT: This is the appearance of the situation, at least. Who knows? We may have the first case of a genuine mail failure on our hands.)

The contact process (from my segment on RFN #150 at http://northwestfront.org/2012/12/radio-free-northwest-december-6th-2012/):
The first thing someone needs to do is read everything they can at the Party website, especially the Butler Plan and the draft Northwest American Republic Constitution. There is the possibility that some hearing this might not be aware of the Northwest Front, so the Party website is northwestfront.org, all one word.

Once you're done with the website content, find the Q&A Radio Free Northwest podcast episode. It's RFN #35, dated September 23, 2010. It's two hours long, but it's the best listening we can offer someone new, or even someone who's been with us a while but hasn't gone that far back in the podcast (which you should all do at the first available opportunity). If you're more or less on-board with the idea of a sovereign, all-white nation in the Pacific Northwest, use the contact page of the Party website to request an introduction packet. We'll need your real name and an address you receive mail to. If you can't work up the courage to provide us that, you're not going to get a packet since there's a fair chance it won't be delivered to a fake name.

While waiting for your introduction packet from the Party, get your hands on at least one of the Northwest Independence novels. I recommend The Brigade despite its length since it is the most comprehensive demonstration of the concept of significant white resistance. If you're in doubt, read the first chapter since it's a real kick. If you're unable to buy the books, get in touch with someone from the Party and we'll email you PDF copies, though you'll likely have to read them on a computer monitor. It can be done; it's how I read all the novels for the first time.

Once you get your introduction packet, pour over it with a special focus on The Fourth Edition Northwest Migration Manual, or The Whitebook. This is the latest version of such a manual and can be ordered separately at Lulu.com. Nearly everything I'm going to say from here on out is found in that book, which is why the Party has to periodically repeat such content and direct those interested individuals to such sources. We're not at all unhappy to handle genuinely important and serious questions, but the same things keep coming up at a more and more rapid pace. Not only that, but some of these inquiries, innocently to be sure, imply we have some sort of secret we only dispense to those who ask about it. We don't. We don't have an inside angle on jobs and we don't have a magic bullet for the migration. I know our questioners don't mean to make such implications, but understand me here: the answers you're looking for are in The Whitebook. Once you're done listening to this RFN, pick up a copy and read it. Twice. It will fill you in on everything you want to know.

Back to the lesson. After you've got the packet, plan your migration and put it into practice. It will take some time done right, so read the rest of the Northwest Independence novels and listen to the rest of RFN, even just for the entertainment value, though that's not all there is to it by a long shot. Also, get rid of your cable (or satellite, or whatever) television. You never needed it and it will distract you and cost you money you need to save for migration costs. If you've gotten to this point and you're still interested, you need to contact the Party about your $10 per month dues. Many of us give more, but the way things are going, we've got little right to ask for more from most people. Movements run on people, their time, and their money, and we've got to be honest about it.

Observe the emphasis I've added to my script. You are expected to request an Introduction Packet and you are expected to actually receive it. Above all else, this means you have to come clean about your identity to at least one of us. If you're not ready to do that, you're not ready for a face-to-face meeting or any of the other things that come along with our politics. I spent two weeks getting over my case of heebie jeebies before I coughed up my contact information. That was well over two years ago now and I haven't been tortured in Gitmo or whisked off to a CIA castle in Romania even once. I migrated and wouldn't you know it? I didn't get scooped up in an FBI raid when I met Mr. Covington for the first time (or any time after that). If you're not ready to use a real name, we can't get you a packet. If you're not ready to be brave enough to get paper mail from us, we tend to lose interest very quickly.

Despite appearances, this isn't even a personal problem with you. These things happen from time to time and we don't actually have much recourse except to decide you weren't interested enough to be honest with us. At the very least, please own up to the fact that you cost the Party money and there was no ROI on the back end of the transaction.

If you honestly think there's been some mistake, have the guts to say so right off the bat and above all else, you're welcome not to blame us when it's pretty obvious you're at fault. Are there cases where something causes the mail system to screw up? Sure, but they're rare and the individuals in question start to act up right about the time we start to suspect somebody wasn't straight-up with us. The packet isn't a letter-size item, though it will fit in a mailbox. It's paper, so it's not going to set off any alarms. Getting a packet isn't a (real) risk unless someone actually opens your mail and reads it.

----------

Alright, with all that off my chest, I'll have to ask everyone to understand that we're not really asking a lot and I've personally instituted a No Packet? No Meeting! policy since we're not a social outfit and we're not here to be your racist chit-chat buddies. We can be that, but it happens by accident and isn't our primary purpose. I fully understand some might not be ready for the sort of contact we need, but this means we're not ready to meet you either and it's not because you're a bad person. If you can't get an Intro packet and read through it, there's a good chance you might not understand what we're really about. If this misunderstanding exists through to a face-to-face, you might very well feel roped-in to something you don't want. Sure, that's not our fault, but it's a real issue.

Is there something about this I've failed to make clear?
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Re: Contact Process, Emphasis on How Not to Blot your Copy B

Postby andydonner » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:04 am

One further note: Despite this being somewhat prompted by recent interactions, it's not aimed at any one person. This happens more than you think and certainly more than it ought to. I'll say it one more time just so no one can get on my case about this - if you have a good reason to think a packet fell through the cracks, speak up immediately.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby Barney » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Please feel free to delete this if it's considered counter-productive.

I just wanted to say that here in the UK, the Post Office will deliver to anyone, even Donald Duck, as long as the address is valid. That's one of the irritations we have to deal with over here, junk mail addressed to "the occupier" or to nobody at all. A lot of junk mail arrives in plain white envelopes. No name. No address. Nothing. It's a "service" the British Post Office offers to businesses, to flood an area with waste paper, and while a service such as this has the potential to be of use to the movement in disseminating propaganda, most people do what I do.

If I receive something in a blank, sealed envelope, it goes straight in the bin unopened.

Sorry. I wandered a bit off-topic there.

The thing that does happen though, is what happened to my own intro pack (which accompanied a copy of "Hill of the Ravens"). The Post Office opens "suspect" or "possibly subversive" mail and doesn't even try to hide the fact. My intro pack was torn open all along one edge, obviously by a finger, and then the whole lot put in an open plastic bag.
Barney

Postby andydonner » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Well, that's interesting. I'm sure it's a UK thing, though. We don't have real hate speech or hate mail or otherwise hate-* laws in the U.S. Primarily, that means there's got to be some legal reason, even if nothing more than a technicality, to open mail. At least we've got an on-the-ground opinion in the UK so our crowd over there has some idea that it's happened.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby HAC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 am

One of my favorite quotes (this isn't actually original with me) is: "We can't make a revolution with people who are afraid of the mailman."

Oh, another way not to blot your copybook: don't offer to become our "security chief" on the second meeting,
HAC
Site Admin

Postby andydonner » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Since we're focusing on ways not to blot one's copy book, it's not a good idea to bring people to meeting we haven't done a one-on-one with. If you really want to introduce someone to the group, they need to go through exactly the same channels you did (i.e. packet to their mailing address, first one-on-one, etc.) and we get mighty jumpy if someone insists we break protocol for them.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby Jules » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 am

From the Domestic Mail Manual (DMM)

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/508.htm#1132460

508 Recipient Services
1.0 Recipient Options
1.1 Basic Recipient Concerns
1.1.1 Delivery to Addressee
Addressees may control delivery of their mail. Without a contrary order, the mail is delivered as addressed. Mail addressed to several persons may be delivered to any one of them.

That's why I get mail not just to me, but to three other people, none of whom live here now. The PO occassionally will ask me to put them on the 'authorized recipient list', but whether I respond or not, the PO will deliver to the address, not the addressee. Postal regs REQUIRE them to, if I remember correctly (read it somewhere along the way when I worked for a mail box drop/forward/shipping place).

So anybody CAN use a fake name here in the US.

As far as 'them' opening mail, they generally don't have to - there is technology available, and has been for several decades, to use visual systems to read your mail through the envelope. The image processor software will electronically 'unfold' and paste the sections together so a human can read it. There's OCR software which will read typed content (and even reasonably recognizable handwritten content) and flag for keywords.

Obviously the illumination can't go through a book, but it can handle several pages of 20 lb. bond. It's not hard for them to open any package they want and reseal it in a way to avoid suspicion, but often they'll just rip it open in a way that looks like a machine mangled it, read it and dump it along with the ripped up envelope in one of those plastic bags with a note that it was 'damaged in transit'.

Yeah, right.

Sorry. Anybody who thinks there's such a thing as privacy in this Orwellian world is naive.

The FBI uses UPS if they want something to get from point A to point B without the likelihood of the contents being opened and read. But they are a 'special customer' and not subject to scrutiny like we are. So most commercial forwarding services are likely to be monitored regarding delivery to certain addresses. The ONLY way to (relatively/reasonably) guarantee privacy written communication is with a known individual private courier.

ALL electronic communication of every form, worldwide is monitored, and has been since the mid 60's.

They know who and where we are. They just don't consider us a threat, or we'd be dead already.
Jules

Postby andydonner » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:21 pm

That might be in the regs, but when have rules actually mattered? And as far as it goes, this has not been the Party's experience. It may be that we're singled out for this, but fake names just haven't worked well.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby Mjolnir » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Andy, is there anyway you can give me an email or something via private message? I am unable to contact you, I have an idea about promoting the NF to an accessible and supportive group of people that dwarfs traditional white nationalist sites and where the NF is allowed to be promoted and discussed.
Mjolnir

Postby andydonner » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Generally, there are restrictions on who can PM based on what group they're in due to number of posts, etc. I'll see what I can come up with.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Return to About the Northwest Front