No links to the forum

This section is for discussing the Northwest Front, its mission and projects.

No links to the forum

Postby Barney » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

Following an operating system upgrade, I'm in the process of rebuilding my bookmarks, and was unable to find a link to the forum. I searched the main site and the RFN section, but could find nothing.

(Fortunately I'd made a note of the URL)

I realise the forum isn't the thing we most need newcomers to visit, but I do think it would help if there was an easy and obvious route here.

Just a suggestion.
Barney

Re: No links to the forum

Postby MAC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 pm

There is a link from the .net site.
"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
MAC
Site Admin

Postby andydonner » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Hmm... I won't say we won't mull that over, but honestly, the forum hasn't exactly been productive in the direction we would like and outside of redirecting people to something they do need to do, there's not much point to it. The primary purpose of the message board is to get people to migrate and we're pretty quick to kill much else.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby TomRennick » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 am

AD: "Hmm... I won't say we won't mull that over, but honestly, the forum hasn't exactly been productive..."
AD: "The primary purpose of the message board is to get people to migrate and we're pretty quick to kill much else."

As a veteran of Stormfront, I know how well-intended commentary can often be taken for a blood-thirsty attack by Donny & and his gang, resulting in a perma-ban. So I wanted to get that right out front, just to make clear that this is not an attack when I agree - i.e., that this forum "hasn't exactly been productive". Not my words, mind you. But since they were expressed (and because I agree with the statement) I thought it was "safe" to reply.

Maybe one of the reasons this forum hasn't been productive is precisely because of the second red-highlighted statement - that the moderators here have been "quick to kill" other topics. I believe that if we truly are a group of intelligent men and women here at the NF, then censorship and suppression of ideas - yes, IDEAS - is one of the main reasons this forum is not growing more "productive".

Would it not be more in the spirit of free-thinking men and women to create a sub-forum where IDEAS could be freely discussed, provided they are presented intelligently? As for myself, I have many ideas, at least some that I think others here might well find interesting. Provided basic rules of conduct are followed, wouldn't it serve the overarching concept of Northwest Migration by demonstrating to visitors here that we are free-thinkers, and that we are FREE MEN?

Right now, this forum casts an uneasy pall over any attempt to freely share such ideas, as there is a persistent atmosphere of "1984-style" thought suppression throughout - which Stormfront has as well, only more so. Could this atmosphere be lightened a bit?

Finally, to HAC himself: Considering the Man of Ideas that you obviously are, and a maestro with words, I'm surprised you haven't "marketed" this site better. For one thing, it needs a catchy, mind-grabbing name - just like Stormfront has. Stormfront - The Winds of Change Are Blowing Your Way, America! You get the general idea, I hope.

Anyway, that's my take: come up with a good name for this forum, an eyeball-grabbing banner for the topmast, and then send cyber-agents out to VNN, Stormfront, White News Now, and other forums and SELL what you have and the others don't. Properly done, this forum could go from lackluster to a sharp-steel-glimmer in the minds of white nationalists here - and worldwide.

Well, I hope this naked feedback has been useful, here from where I sit in the peanut gallery.

One of several dozen forum name/forum banner ideas:

NORTHWEST FRONT FORUM
TomRennick

Postby andydonner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 am

Alright, I'll bite.

There are plenty of older threads where not-quite migration ideas have been batted around and actually proven to be good. Further, most of them don't come from those who have Migrated or those who already live here, either. The problem is that we get also get a bit of completely off-topic ravings that have to be refused at the outset. A few times, those starting such discussions are actually friendly and well-meaning. Further, each of these sort have gone on to participate in other discussions, some of them just a bit tense.

There are quite a few places that allow generic discussion of White Nationalist ideas (or so they say) and it's not hard to set another message board up. Since we've got a purpose a bit higher than setting up another such place on the internet, we've got to at least think twice about doing so. Further, providing yet another playground is actually detrimental to our purpose and would be inconsistent with our stated objective. For the sake of hearing you out, let's consider it for a bit.

Exactly what ideas would be discussed and for what purpose? More specifically, if you've got an idea about migration or migration encouragement, you're free to lay it on us any way you see fit. Heck, you might just get away with something that is slightly off-topic provided it's not more of the same stuff the internet has produced year in and year out. The fear has always been that, with no constructive restrictions on activity here, this message board could actually become a step or two backward for the Party. When someone actually needs to get a hold of Party personnel for whatever reason, they get what they need either here or via email. I realize I've not corresponded with very many people yet, but those whom I have spoken to have received the best treatment I can give them regardless of medium.

If you've got something specific you think would actually further the Party's objectives, then you're welcome to give it a roll. Outside of that, we're seeing a repeat of at least one frequent default WN behavior: either we need a committee of correspondence or somebody needs someone to talk to and they've chosen us. We're happy to do a bit of jaw-jacking, but even that doesn't cut it for the person feeling lonely in the long run, so it's just not something we can commit to.

If you're really itching to try something, the worst thing you can do is give it a roll.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby MAC » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 pm

TomRennick wrote:As a veteran of Stormfront,

Maybe one of the reasons this forum hasn't been productive is precisely because of the second red-highlighted statement - that the moderators here have been "quick to kill" other topics. I believe that if we truly are a group of intelligent men and women here at the NF, then censorship and suppression of ideas - yes, IDEAS - is one of the main reasons this forum is not growing more "productive".

Yes, you are a "veteran of Stormfront." Stormfront is an internet forum who's soul purpose is to promote more internet talk and no physical action. We are actually productive in that we have assisted NW migrants with their scouting trips and with actual migration. These folks are actually DOING something in the REAL world. They are helping to form communities that will evolve into the NAR in time. Having useless BS sessions with tons of talk about everything under the sun EXCEPT MIGRATION is what all those other forums are for. We're different. I couldn't care less what goes on with Stormfront, VNN or any of the other "White Nationalist" forums that don't promote physical action. They don't actively promote the 14 Words, they actively promote the other 218,618 words and no action. I'm tired of all the talk, talk, talk. If you want to save your RACE it's time to get off you BUTT and do, Do, DO.
"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
MAC
Site Admin

Return to About the Northwest Front