Moving to WA from Canada

This section is for Washington Specific discussions.

Moving to WA from Canada

Postby GFreeman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:13 am

Hi all,
I am interested in moving to the Puget Sound area but I am a Canadian resident (east coast) right now. I do have technology skills and a university degree (in an unrelated field) so I am looking at job postings at the numerous tech firms in the area. I believe this would be the easiest way to get a visa and at least get on the way to becoming a citizen eventually.
I may not be able to get any any decent-paying technology work for reasons that I won't get into now, although I have a good technical mind and the ability to pick new things up quickly, so I would like to know whether you know of any other avenues for a non-US resident to get work in WA and start on the path to getting a green card. I do have some small savings that could get me by for a little while but no more than a few months without work.
I have been reading over the other posts in this forum but if there is anybody who has more specific information for somebody in my situation that would be great too.
Thanks,
GFreeman
GFreeman

Re: Moving to WA from Canada

Postby andydonner » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:39 pm

There are a very few general guides on various RFN episodes about coming here from abroad. They're about the best we can do without have a specific individual work their specific situation, though. Good luck with the job hunt.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Return to Washington