Climate for Washington, best place to move.

This section is for Washington Specific discussions.

Climate for Washington, best place to move.

Postby MichiganWP » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 am

Which parts of the Pacific Northwest don't get too cold during the winter, have a good amount of rain, and is moderate to warm.

My research into the homeland was pretty much like this: I looked into Montana, but heard that it can be a depressing place, and my one friend has been there and said that there are a lot of cute girls there, and the towns are nice, but he wouldn't recommend me moving there, and I go by the words of my friend. He said that I probably wouldn't like Idaho either so I narrowed it down to Washington and Oregon, but Oregon I don't think I want to move to even though my father told me that apparently he has an aunt that lives outside of Portland that I never met, all while my father lives down in Ohio and my mother and I live together in Michigan, which leaves Washington. I heard that they shot pretty much all of Twilight in Washington, and was looking more into Washington and really like all those islands that are around by Seattle. So more than likely moving to Washington, but which part of Washington would be the best part to move to in terms of climate? I don't want too much rain even though I like rain, and I don't want to go some place where it is way cold either. There was a time when I used to like cold weather but not anymore, I hate it, especially too much snow. And asked this MAC dude on Facebook and he gave me some information but that was a few accounts ago and I forgot and lost the information so I am re-asking.
When the rising god of history starts to beat the drums of doom,
When this rich and diverse culture seals its democratic tomb;
Will we march along in sorrow with a dumb, funeral tread?
Will we make love tomorrow when America is dead?
MichiganWP

Re: Climate for Washington, best place to move.

Postby MAC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:59 am

If you don't like long, cold and snowy winters, then you need to be west of I5 and south of Everett. But if you don't want to always be in 60deg weather with constant rain, stay away from the actual coast. If you look at a map of WA and OR and draw a line down the middle of the Olympic Peninsula straight down and a line in the middle of the Puget Sound straight down you'll see a section of both states that has four mild seasons without too much rain but not too hot or too cold. Sadly much of this strip is either packed with city crap like Tacoma, Vancouver and Portland or it's super rural. But many people work in the city while living in the country.
"Guard well the words you use, for they can be the keys to your freedom or the manacles of your slavery." - me
MAC
Site Admin

Postby MichiganWP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm thinking Seattle.

We got Section 8, and are able to move anywhere we want, and I'm thinking Seattle. Was looking at Spokane but that's too much like a place we lived before. Seattle is one huge *city* it looks like. Dang lol. Well, my mother and I can't find any work where we are at and I really like those islands and mountains and water. Basically like 3,000 miles in U-Haul, $700 on Amtrack just to visit so we prolly won't be taking a scouting trip, try and get set up via phone and all of that in a place and load up the U-Haul Amd head out there. I know somebody who spent some time in Seattle and really liked it saying it's a nice city. Our lease is up in 2014 and we get the re-evaluation. There is little to no work here so we got a little over a year to go through our shit and get this rolling.
Last edited by MichiganWP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichiganWP

Postby MichiganWP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Sorry for spelling errors, posting via phone.
MichiganWP

Postby andydonner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Yeah, Seattle is big, but don't let that stop you. There is work to be sure and I do really like it. The standard disclaimer is that yeah, it's a big city with muds, but that's because it's a big city with muds. We're talking Asian muds, too, not your standard Amurrikan black and brown masses. In downtown and the neighborhoods right around there, you'll see plenty of them. Everywhere else isn't at all that way. Even downtown, at the right time of day (like when I usually walk to work) it's almost totally white (we're talking between 8 and 9 AM or some time before and after that).

The politics of the city itself are enough to skew the entire state, so as you can imagine, they city is pretty messed up. It's an amazing place, but housing costs are through the roof and will be for quite some time. If that's an issue for people (and I understand that is really is a barrier to a few neighborhoods here) then the suburbs are also still economically viable.

All in all, I really like the area, but you do need to go where your work will be since ending up in the wrong location can mean an absurd commute and Seattle has commute issues (what with having only one interstate to use) and long-range, cross-area commutes can be hard here.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Postby MichiganWP » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 am

Just to give a little update on how things are headed, we already began the first steps to move to a city in Montana. The Section 8 transfer papers have been set out already and we are making our arrangements to move. Washington was my personal choice but when it came to call these people up, there was no response or anything so we tried Montana, and first calls we made people answered and were more than helpful and everything so we opted for Montana.
MichiganWP

Postby Ehren » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm glad there's a few down in Montana. Where you are now (Michigan) is just North of where I am now too. Just roughly a two hour drive to the Windsor-Detroit Border. The entire North American economy is falling apart, but it would seem the entire East is being hit especially hard. You and I will be travelling basically the same distance. You should know that in Northwest Montana/Idaho/Southern Alberta region, there's an oil boom taking place right now. Alberta is where I am heading to, and since we have the second largest oil reserves in the entire world (next to Saudi Arabia), you know there's going to be work and lots of it. And there's nothing not to love about the region in terms of landscape and scenery, so I think you made a good choice.
"It is necessary to have “watchers” at hand who will bear witness to the values of Tradition in ever more uncompromising and firm ways ..to keep standing amid a world of ruins.” ― Julius Evola. Politics, Religion, and Social Order in the Kali Yuga.
Ehren

Postby Steve » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Not sure if you have already made your move to Montana or not.
Kalispell,Mt is in the homeland. Also it is in the mountains but the nice part is that Kalispell sits in a valley, as opposed to a high altitude location, therefore a little less cold during mid-winter.
I have met a nice couple that live there and they enjoy being in Kalispell.
Not sure if they are racial or not though.
Steve

Return to Washington