Need some information on WA!

This section is for Washington Specific discussions.

Need some information on WA!

Postby PeakFinance » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 pm

I have been doing some research on the Internet about real estate and such, but, I don't know enough about the area to focus my searches properly, and maybe someone could offer some information?

Personally I live in a *VERY* rural area, and have no problems living in a rural community!

I am assuming that the HQ Area is Puget Sound? Sea-Tac area?

I would like to live close to HQ, but yet far enough away where zoning would allow chickens maybe other small animals? Maybe someone can suggest some areas for me to focus my internet searches on, and then visit in person over the summer? Other areas I would be interested in would be to live somewhere in Washington but live close enough to Oregon to do all of my shopping there? Or is that too much of a hassle, tax savings not worth the trip?

Can someone recommend a nice RV park in that area, where I can stay during my scouting trip? I am asking because my internet search pulled up tons of RV parks and I can't tell which are any good. I guess I can always stay at the nearest KOA but then can be pricey sometimes in the busy months.

Any other cool facts someone can share would be great!

Planning to be there around mid-July for my scouting trip!
PeakFinance

Re: Need some information on WA!

Postby andydonner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Two questions we get quite a bit are things like "Where's HQ and how do I live near it?" and "How do I take advantage of living in WA and shopping in OR?" The obvious answer to the WA/OR question is any place on the border, but Vancouver, WA is probably the ideal target since it's close to Portland. As for the HQ question, yes, we're talking about the Puget sound. Note I'm being deliberately vague, but we'll help you more once you're out here on a trip. We have comrades on either side of the Sound who raise chickens, so don't worry about that. Around Seattle itself, that's not exactly an option just due to space (let alone zoning restrictions, which I have no idea about since it's a non-starter anyway). The one thing to bear in mind about the Sound area is depending on where exactly you live, some locations are easy to get to and others are harder, either involving a ferry ride or a car trip around the water. We can help you figure out an ideal location once you're out here and I'm sure you'll figure out something quite easily once you see the area.

As for the RV parks, I can't help you there and I'm not sure any of the message board regulars could, either. I don't suppose that particular service has a reliable online rating system anywhere, but then again, I can't say I've ever looked. Good luck with that one.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Re: Need some information on WA!

Postby PeakFinance » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks for the response!

Some locations are easy to get to and others are harder, either involving a ferry ride or a car trip around the water.

Ahhh, this is exactly the kind of insight I was looking for, something to keep in mind, thanks!

We can help you figure out an ideal location once you're out here and I'm sure you'll figure out something quite easily once you see the area.

Sure thing!

As for the RV parks, I can't help you there and I'm not sure any of the message board regulars could, either.

Yea well I am always going to ask these kinds of questions regardless because I would want to see the business go to a party member or someone's friend first.
PeakFinance

Canada/Washington

Postby BillytheKidd » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:29 pm

If u don't mind living near Canada Bellingham or My Vernon are good spots but if u want OR Vancouver I agree plus there are a lot of Skins down there. Not to worried about that Snohomish is a nice secluded place about an hour from the Puget Sound
Load your guns and give your souls to your gods it's time to deal in lead we are the Legions of the damned we are the Army of the already dead!!! Robert J M.
BillytheKidd

Return to Washington