Looking ahead..(for work)

This section is for Washington Specific discussions.

Looking ahead..(for work)

Postby PaulReverre » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:31 am

I was wondering if someone could line me out on job availability in the Western Wa. area? I'm certified in net. admin. as well as strong network security skills. (Currently I contract out with several small business,etc.) I spent 4.5 years in the oilfield but our Grand Poobah 0b4m4 killed our industry here and that was that. So I don't care what it is, i just want to take care of my family and not need help doing it. Any info regarding the employment rate up there or or that area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson
PaulReverre

Re: Looking ahead..(for work)

Postby andydonner » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:20 pm

If you're able to do technology work, toss a resume up on Dice.com and aim for the Puget Sound area. If you're hauling a family, I really do suggest the suburbs. The specific information you're looking for is available all over the internet, but it's worth noting that the request itself is a little too general. The only answer we're able to give is that, out of the rest of the country, the Puget area (and Seattle specifically, though it's not exactly suited to a family, especially a White one) is doing just fine right now. Everything related to technology is hiring competent people and the population is growing rapidly due to all the incomers, so you definitely stand a chance.
A. W. Donner
Facebook
Twitter
andydonner
Site Admin

Re: Looking ahead..(for work)

Postby PaulReverre » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:02 am

Thanks for the info. (again-lol)
"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson
PaulReverre

Return to Washington